How You Can Help
- Daily Prayer
- Donate Monthly
- Donate Annually
- Donate Baby Items
- Participate in our Baby Bottle Campaign through your church
- Volunteer - scroll down for a downloadable PDF.
- Support and Attend Annual Fundraisers
Seven Weeks Coffee
Support our center while drinking your morning coffee! In cooperation with Seven Weeks Coffee, with every purchase through our partnership link our center will receive a 10% donation, at no cost to you.
Are you interested in volunteering with First Call Pregnancy Center? We would love to hear from you. Download the Volunteer Application below to get started, or contact us today with any questions.
To serve our Lord Jesus Christ in word and deed by empowering women and men to make life-affirming decisions regarding pregnancy and sexual integrity, assisting those hurting from past decisions, and improving parenting skills.
In 2003-2004 a group of concerned individuals started praying about a recognized need for a pregnancy center in the lake area that would minister to the needs of those who were finding themselves in an unplanned pregnancy. A volunteer board of directors was formed and the first Director, Nancy Long, was hired to develop policies and procedures, coordinate training, and set up the infrastructure of the “Center.”
Land and a building were provided by Tim Porter in March of 2005. Many interested individuals from churches all over the Lake Oconee area worked together to prepare the building to house First Call Pregnancy Center. After many long hours of completing the facility and training the volunteers, the Center opened in August of 2005. During the first year of operation, affiliations were made with long standing organizations with experience in crisis pregnancy centers. In the first year we saw 66 clients and had 3 babies born.
In July of 2007, Margaret Keck became the first full-time Executive Director of First Call. In January of 2008, the Board of Directors began the medical conversion process working with national affiliates to provide expert assistance in acquiring a grant from Focus on the Family to fund our first ultrasound machine. The move brought about the hiring of additional staff and acquiring a Medical Director. The tool of the ultrasound has proven to make a significant difference in the choice a woman makes after seeing the heartbeat of her baby and the movement of the infant within her womb. More than 85% of women choose LIFE!
First Call is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-political organization of Christians seeking to meet the physical, emotional, material, and spiritual needs of our clients. All of our services are free and confidential. The Center is committed to the sanctity of life and its purpose is to offer assistance to anyone regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, or national origin, who is experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
We are a 501(c)3 and registered with the state of Georgia as a charitable organization therefore, all gifts are tax deductible. First Call Pregnancy Center receives no funding from the government.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential; and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Adapted from the National Association of Evangelical’s statement of faith.)